When I use the word ‘wild’ I don’t mean out of control. In it’s original sense, it means to live a natural life with innate integrity and healthy boundaries. When you are in touch with your innate nature you are in union with your creativity.
In our natural state we carry everything we need for healing and staying in balance. We are in touch with our deep knowing. We don’t censor ourselves and we live authentic lives. We are in touch with our dreams, desires, personal signs and symbols and have the tools to access them.
As a society we have lost touch with the instructive psyche, our inner guide and we rely on outside sources to guide our behavior and decisions. The inspiration, insight and images and dreams we carry are not allowed to develop.
Would you like to get in touch with your innate creative nature which is part of all of us? Would you like to revive your spirit of play and have fun?
Most people lose touch with their spirit of creativity around 10 years old whe someone criticizes something they created. That sense of play gets shut down and life gets serious. Creativity is a skill that when developed is life changing.
How can you activate your creativity?
Here are a few ideas:
- Learn meditation
- Finger paint
- Start a journal
- Create a collage
- Dance like no one is watching
- Sing in the shower and make up the words
- Start a Garden
- Go to the Zoo and talk to the animals
- Watch a funny movie
- Start a blog
- Play with children
- Do a zigsaw puzzle
- Go to the craft store and pick out a new craft and dive in.
- Walk in nature and talk to the trees and see if they talk back
- Record your dreams in the morning and see if you can decide what they mean
- Lay on the ground and see if you can see things in the clouds, like animals, birds, angels
- Have a tea party with friends and have everyone dress up.
- Read a science fiction novel
- Write a poem
- Talk to your pets like they are human. Tell them a story
Ready, Set, GO!