Have you ever heard of the concept of cording?
We all have cords attached to us, invisible, ethereal cords. They are where we have connections with other people, in fact from nearly everyone we form a relationship or friendship with. We have cords with our parents, lovers, partners, ex-partners, colleagues, bosses, our children, even our pets and from people who have passed on. In fact all relationships of all kinds, all our friends and also people we don’t get along with. The cords between people can eventually drop naturally, but not always, especially if that person is still in your life the cords will usually remain strong. I believe that the deeper the relationship and the longer it is the cords will be the strongest.
There are two types of cords. Those based on love which support us and those based on lack and fear that drain us.
The ones that happen out of lack and fear are the ones I want to address here. These cords can drain our energy, keep our relationships stuck in a negative space and block the flow of abundance and prosperity. It is a good idea to do a body scan on a routine basis to keep our energy field clean.
Do you have relationships where the same issue keeps coming up? Are there people that you are frustrated with? Do you feel drain after spending time with certain people? There are probably cords involved.
It is not necessary to confront people about cording, because in reality, both parties are responsible. Most links are started off during a period of goodwill and trust, as energetic connections between people. Once a single initial link is implanted, it’s easier to form more connections and more likely that they will be accepted due to the influence of one person upon the other. At some point in many relationships the attachments turn negative out of jealousy, anger, envy and other negative emotions.
This is not usually conscious, and one usually doesn’t normally receive cords unless you willingly accept the link in the first place; it’s very difficult to attach energetic links to someone who is entirely aware and unwilling. Thus it’s possible that no one is to blame when there are cords placed on someone, it is a shared responsibility of both parties to maintain the goodwill or to dissolve the bonds when the relationship no longer warrants the connection.
You can also decord from programs that are not serving you using the same process.
Here’s how to do a decording:
- Sit comfortably and close your eyes.
- Visualize the cords attaching you and the person or people you wish to release.
- There is a person on the other end of that cord. Take responsibility for the opening to attack you are leaving when you remove the cord from yourself and bless your end of the cord when you unplug it, wishing no harm to the person on the other end. See yourself unplugging each cord from you, like it’s an electrical cord with a plug on it. You can visualize handing the cord back to the other person. You can also see the cord being pulled back over to them as soon as you release it.If you can, wish the cable away and send them a blessing to plug their end of the cord.
- Fill not only chakras but all connection points after you remove the cords. Fill them with positive healing energies. There may be lingering negative energies from the old connections, and I’ll have to see if I can come up with good techniques for people to do energetic extractions on themselves, but usually a really good clensing ritual will help.
- Replace the energy with your own soothing light. Picture a spinning vortex of golden, yellow light – like a ball of sunshine surrounding you and refilling you with positive, good-feeling energy. In your vision, you may want to clearly tell the other person, “It’s over. You are released from my life. We are complete. Goodbye.”
- Sit quietly until you see yourself whole, loving, and loved. Say a prayer for the person’s highest and best good. Repeat to yourself, “It is safe to let this go. It is safe to let this person go. I am safe.”
- Don’t be surprised if the person feels the energy shift and suddenly contacts you. Sometimes, we’re the ones who keep reattaching ourselves to a defunct relationship.
I like to follow up a decording session with ho’oponopono, the Hawaiian forgiveness technigue.
“Negative thoughts are toxic and they create a toxic environment where disease can thrive. Ho’oponopono is about restoring your light! It is a simple process of letting go of any toxic energies and allowing a new space for the healing power of your true Divine Thoughts; the Inner Physician, to take action. When we clear out toxic thoughts we raise our vibration. Dis-ease cannot live in a high vibrational environment.
One of the most important components to Ho’oponopono is the Hawaiian belief that forgiveness must be given, if asked for. Ask and you shall receive is another principle found in the bible and in the Law of Attraction. Forgiveness in Hawaiian is Kala, which means clearing the path or cutting the cord between the two people or events involved.” From Empowered Health and Wellness: Awakening Your Inner Physician
Actual Ho’oponopono cleaning process consists of repetitions of the following phrases:
- I Love You
- Please forgive me
- I am sorry
- Thank you
These phrases repeated will ignite the self transformation process for the practitioner. You will know when the energy field is clear and will stop the process at that point.
Read more about ho’oponopono in Empowered Health and Wellness: Awakening you inner physician available at Embracing Eudaimonia
|“If we can accept that we are the sum total of all past thoughts, emotions, words, deeds and actions and that our present lives and choices are colored or shaded by this memory bank of the past, then we begin to see how a process of correcting or setting aright can change our lives, our families and our society.”|
|Morrnah Nalamaku Simeona|